Direct: (214) 237-2996
Jeremy T. Brown
Jeremy T. Brown is an aggressive and creative trial attorney who focuses his practice primarily on real estate litigation, insurance coverage matters, and business litigation. Mr. Brown’s real estate litigation experience includes the representation of owners, developers, design professionals, and contractors involving title insurance matters, development-related disputes, construction defects, and landlord-tenant litigation.
In addition to his real estate litigation practice, Mr. Brown handles complex insurance coverage disputes involving most types of insurance products, with particular expertise in the areas of title insurance, financial institution bonds, commercial crime policies, directors and officers insurance, and professional liability policies. Mr. Brown has handled coverage matters involving some of the most high-profile Ponzi schemes and bank failures in the United States, and has extensive experience defending against claims prosecuted by the FDIC.
Mr. Brown has represented clients in a number of industries in commercial litigation involving professional liability, breach of contract, DTPA, partnership disputes, securities litigation, trade secrets, antitrust, and class actions.
Before joining Irelan McDaniel, Mr. Brown honed his trial skills at two of the largest firms in Texas, where he obtained first-chair trial experience early in his career.
- Five Tips for Developing and Presenting Visuals to Judges and Juries, ABA Trial Practice Committee Newsletter (2015)
- Understanding the Basics of Texas Title Insurance and Escrow Agency, Representing Consumers in Texas Real Estate Transactions (2014)
- The Recoverability of E-Discovery Costs in Federal Litigation, ABA Trial Practice Committee Newsletter (2014)
- Fair Use and a Takedown Notice Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Oxford Journal of Intellectual Property (2009)
- Legal Implications of User-Generated Content: YouTube, MySpace, Facebook, Journal of Intellectual Property & Technology (2008)
- Claim Investigations With an Emphasis on Technology, ABA Mid-Winter Annual Program of the Fidelity & Surety Law Committee (2013)
- E-Discovery: What Every Claim Professional Needs to Know When Handling Fidelity Bond Claims, ABA Fall Program of the Fidelity & Surety Law Committee (2012)
- BA, 2002, University of Texas at Austin
- JD, 2006, With Honors, George Washington UniversityThurgood Marshall Scholar
- Editor, The George Washington University International Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- American Bar Association
- Title Insurance Litigation Committee
- Trial Practice Committee (Editor, Trial Practice Committee Newsletter)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Judiciary Committee
- Laws in the Schools Committee
- The Real Estate Council
- All Texas State Courts (State Bar No. 24055221)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma